Anti Aging Skin Care
mybody is a premier anti-aging skin care line featuring the best skin care products available for a variety of skin conditions. Each of our skin care products is specially formulated to provide the latest in rejuvenation and renewal.
AGING: A simple definition of aging is the body’s inability to defend and repair itself due to a compromised immune system. As the body’s first defense, the skin is the second largest immune organ in the body. One of the main causes of accelerated aging is the exposure of the skin to physical and chemical insults that cause permanent damage. UV radiation (sun exposure), pollutants in the air and tap water, wind or low humidity, and poor lifestyle habits can injure the skin’s protective barrier as well as cause sub-dermal damage. Other insults to the skin are:
- Irregular fibroblast activity (the skin’s collagen and elastin factory) leading to loss of elasticity and wrinkles
- Increased and irregular melanocyte activity (the skin’s melanin pigment factory) leading to hyperpigmented skin conditions
- Reduced and irregular keratinocyte activity (the skin’s epidermal factory) that inhibits the production of new cells and matrix components, causing a rough, dry and sallow texture
- Over-stimulated inflammatory response system (the skin’s protective response to damage or insult).
mybody reverses AGING: The mybody 4 step AGING program REVERSE IT™ Anti-Aging Essentials coupled with regular myPROBIOTIC™ Treatments and targeted treatment products help to treat, reverse and prevent each of these internal physical changes by utilizing biomimetic technologies that stimulate the skin’s own immunity without having to injure the skin to illicit a wound-healing response.
At a cellular level, key active ingredients are able to up-regulate the expression of critical and beneficial genes such as collagen, elastin and fibronectin while down-regulating the expression of harmful genes including specific matrix metalloproteinases and interleukins. Key mybody technologies for AGING skin types:
- myGF3™ Enhanced Retinol Complex: Combines collagen-enhancing myR2X Enhanced Retinol Complex with new proprietary plant-derived lipo-oligo peptides with the ability to boost cellular gene expression of IGF-1 (Insulin Growth Factor 1) by enhancing the utilization of existing IGF levels to repair and strengthen the dermis.
- myPROBIOTIC™ Skin Renewal Technoloy: Non-living Probiotic Derived Bioactives (PDB) isolated from the live bacteria (lactobacillus). Non-animal and non-diary, PDB are good bacteria molecules that have a unique ability to stimulate an optimal wound-healing response void of inflammation or injury. PDB are also effective stimulators of the innate immune system – the body’ first line of defense.
- mySBP-189™ - Proprietary plant-derived lipo-oligo peptide specifically influences genes to produce the enzyme (Retinal Dehydrogenase) responsible for the conversion of Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol and other Retinoids into Retinoic Acid
- Renovage™: Works on the origin of youth and targets the cell actors which guarantee lifespan and youth; clinically proven anti-aging effects; protects against stress by telomere stabilization and DNA mantienance (cell division).
- Skin-Tightener ST™: Proven plant and marine complex developed in France; the only aid of its type to create an instantaneous tightening and wrinkle reducing effect in around five minutes after application.
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate: A water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C; is nonirritating and more stable than Vitamin C; helps boost skin collagen synthesis significantly lower concentrations than L-Ascorbic Acid (another form of Vitamin C).
- Actiwhite®: New, proven and safe complex that offers a high capacity to decrease melanogenesis.
- Chromabright™: A new skin-brightening complex exhibits a considerable lightening effect in vivo on the skin; has photoprotective effect on human epidermal keratinocytes (stem cells), helping to prevent UV damage.
- Lycopene: A carotenoid, Lycopene is in the same family as beta-carotene. More specifically, Lycopene is a natural pigment found in red fruits and vegetables like tomatoes and watermelon. Even more important, it's an antioxidant packed with powerful skin enhancing benefits, promoting cellular and immune functions.